Re: feedback on HTML to Platform Accessibility APIs Implementation Guide requested

From: Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 10:34:16 +0100
To: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Cc: Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>, Andi Snow-Weaver <andisnow@us.ibm.com>, W3C WAI-XTECH <wai-xtech@w3.org>, David Bolter <david.bolter@gmail.com>, Alexander Surkov <surkov.alexander@gmail.com>, Dominic Mazzoni <dmazzoni@google.com>, James Craig <jcraig@apple.com>, James Teh <jamie@nvaccess.org>, Cynthia Shelly <cyns@microsoft.com>, Jason Kiss <jason@accessibleculture.org>, Char James-Tanny <char@jtfassociates.com>, Larry Weiss <lweiss@microsoft.com>
On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 9:59 AM, Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com> wrote:
> The AAPI task force are looking for feedback on what needs to be added to
> the HTML to Platform Accessibility APIs Implementation Guide
> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html-api-map/raw-file/tip/Overview.html
> to make it as useful as possible  to browser and AT implementers.
>
> We realise that of the content we already have in there, there are still
> many gaps to fill, but we also realise that the scope of information we
> provide needs to be extended. We would appreciate your input in helping us
> define that scope.
>
> any feedback you can provide would be appreciated

Hey Steve

I think one absolutely critical area to think about from an
interoperability perspective is handling "interesting" markup
combinations.

parent, what does that get mapped to? Or, if you have an <li> that has
a <ol>/<ul> parent, but the parent has a role attribute that maps it
to (say) the "button" role, what does the <li> get mapped to?

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis