RE: ARIA semantics for secondary navigation

Victor,

Here is the current list of landmark roles defined for ARIA:
http://www.w3.org/TR/wai-aria/#roleattribute_inherits

Last call end on March 24th, but you could probably still send comments to the working group.

The way to make landmarks unique is by using ARIA-LABELLEDBY and ARIA-LABEL.  The landmark roles provide a hint at the purpose (navigation) or importance (main, complementary) but having something more descriptive helps users know if they should go to that section or not.

Jon