Re: <device> advice

On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 22:47:45 +0100, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The Devices APIs working group is looking at developing some features for
> exposing devices, e.g. webcams, digital cameras, microphones, external
> storage, etc, to Web pages, in a secure fashion.
>
> As part of this, I've been looking specifically at how to expose Webcams
> to Web pages:
>
>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2009Dec/0194.html
>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2009Dec/thread.html#msg149
>
> I'm currently exploring how this could work as a new element in HTML.
> This is purely experimental currently, but I would nonetheless greatly
> appreciate any advice you might have on how to ensure that this feature
> is accessible to all. Currently the draft text is here:
>
>    http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#devices

Is this part of the W3C HTML 5 draft? If so, can you provide a link to the
W3C Editor's draft? W3C's patent policy, for better or worse, is different
to WHAT-WGs, and I would like to be clear where I am getting information
 from and what commitments have been made in giving it.

(This also affects who and how I ask for further input, obviously :( )

cheers

Chaals