Re: <device> advice

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 22:47:45 +0100, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> >
> > The Devices APIs working group is looking at developing some features
> > for exposing devices, e.g. webcams, digital cameras, microphones,
> > external storage, etc, to Web pages, in a secure fashion.
> >
> > As part of this, I've been looking specifically at how to expose
> > Webcams to Web pages:
> >
> >    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2009Dec/0194.html
> >    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2009Dec/thread.html#msg149
> >
> > I'm currently exploring how this could work as a new element in
> > HTML.This is purely experimental currently, but I would nonetheless
> > greatly appreciate any advice you might have on how to ensure that
> > this feature is accessible to all. Currently the draft text is here:
> >
> >    http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#devices
>
> Is this part of the W3C HTML 5 draft? If so, can you provide a link to
> the W3C Editor's draft?

I've checked in the most recent changes to the draft above into the
html-device draft mentioned here:

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Dec/0355.html

...that is:

   http://dev.w3.org/html5/html-device/

(At the time of my e-mail to wai-tech the most recent edits hadn't been
checked into the W3C copy, which is why I hadn't mentioned it earlier.)

HTH,