From: "Sailesh Panchang" <sailesh.panchang@deque.com>
To: "'Michael A Squillace'" <masquill@us.ibm.com>; <wai-xtech@w3.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2008 11:51 AM
Subject: RE: Is Flickr an Edge Case? (was Re: HTML Action Item 54)

David,

WCAG 2 says:

". Sensory: If non-text content is primarily intended to create a  specific
sensory experience

, then text alternatives at least provide descriptive identification of the
non-text content."

My understanding is that not all music needs to be captioned even if it
there is verbal audio content.

Sailesh Panchang
Accessibility Services Manager (Web and Software)
Deque Systems Inc. (www.deque.com)
11130 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite #140,
Reston VA 20191
Phone: 703-225-0380 (ext 105)