Re: [field experience?] PIN echo and talking ATMs

Al Gilman wrote:
> When there is an earphone plugged into a talking ATM, does the screen go
> blank?

Not on any I have seen. There was an accessible ATM machine installed in
a national bank branch in Dublin last year (only available during office
hours, in branch not on the street) but it is a step in the right
direction. This was due in part to members of the Visually Impaired
Computer Society (VICS) and their effective lobbying (for more see
http://www.vicsireland.org/working_group/lobbying/report_2006.php)

> Does the PIN echo in the earphone as you enter it?

No, I don't think so, not in this case. Blind users may not even need
this facility if the buttons are brailled correctly (for those who
understand braille), or at least if the keypad is of the known
'standard' they can usually use it very well.

HTH

Josh