RE: [field experience?] PIN echo and talking ATMs

At 10:59 AM -0400 5 07 2007, Wlodkowski, Thomas wrote:
>Al,
>
>The Chevy Chase Bank talking ATMs echo the pin when an earphone is
>connected.

So there is actual practice along these lines.  Thanks.

>I'm not sure you'd ever want to relax the echo feature when
>dealing with the web however.

Sometimes "on the web" is on a cell phone, where text entry is a
fiddly, error-prone business. In this case being able to enable
earpiece audio echo and review of what you have entered could spare
users a lot of "account blocked -- too many bad login attempts."

Bottom line: I think it takes a fresh look; can't guarantee if there would
be sufficient cause to open up the echo to an appropriate audio channel.
But I can't quite rule it out, either.

Al