Re: IE 7.0 CSS related bug related to the :focus psuedo CSS selector

From: Aaron M Leventhal <aleventh@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 09:47:17 -0500
To: "Simon Pieters" <simonp@opera.com>
Cc: "Jon Gunderson" <jongund@uiuc.edu>, "W3C WAI-PFWG" <w3c-wai-pf@w3.org>, w3c-wai-pf-request@w3.org, "W3C WAI-XTECH" <wai-xtech@w3.org>
The IE :focus issue is on a larger list of issues I put a list together --
what an author must do when developing cross-browser key navigable
widgets:
http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Key-navigable_custom_DHTML_widgets

- Aaron

"Simon Pieters" <simonp@opera.com>
Sent by: w3c-wai-pf-request@w3.org
12/20/2007 07:38 PM

"Jon Gunderson" <jongund@uiuc.edu>, "W3C WAI-PFWG" <w3c-wai-pf@w3.org>,
"W3C WAI-XTECH" <wai-xtech@w3.org>
cc

Subject
Re: IE 7.0 CSS related bug related to the :focus  psuedo CSS selector

On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 17:27:53 +0100, Jon Gunderson <jongund@uiuc.edu>
wrote:

> Another apparent bug in IE 7 is that it does not support :focus CSS
> psuedo element for non-link or non-form control elements, so basically
> most ARIA type elements.

IE7 doesn't support the :focus pseudo-class at all. However, its
implementation for :active acts as if it were :focus (but only works on
links -- not form controls or other focusable elements).

I wrote tests and filed bug reports to Microsoft about this for IE7, but
unfortunately it wasn't fixed.

    http://simon.html5.org/test/ie7b2-bugs/013.html
    http://simon.html5.org/test/ie7b2-bugs/027.html

--