[XAG clarify] identifying the source of final form Re: Comments on XAG - 3 Oct 2002

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@sidar.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 12:37:13 +1100
Cc: wai-xtech@w3.org
To: Dean Jackson <dean@w3.org>

It means providing some way for a user to find the original - the
assumption is that the final-form version is generated from something
richer and more flexible. This requirement is probably related to the
use of something like CC/PP, where it should be possible to negotiate
for one form or another. Currently we don't allow for that as a
solution (perhaps based on the assumption that there are no people who
can provide an exhaustive set of final-form presentations for all sets
of user needs).

cheers

Chaals

--