Re: Sec. 508 vs. WAI

From: Al Gilman <asgilman@iamdigex.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 18:48:26 -0500
To: Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org>, Shawn Lawton Henry <shawn@w3.org>
Cc: "Phill Jenkins" <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>, wai-wcag-editor@w3.org, wai-liaison@w3.org

Judy,

I think that Shawn might get somewhere with this idea.

Can we get her to lightly approach the Access Board staff on the idea of a
comparative analysis -- with the benefit of hindsight -- that we can both
stand behind?

I was very pleased that the briefings that Ken and I worked up on complex
tables turned out to be telling the same story.  Neither organization has
anything to gain from public differences about interpreting one another's
documents.

And introducing a new face can let history be history.

Al