RE: Sec. 508 vs. WAI

From: Harry Woodrow <harrry@email.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 07:38:14 +0800
To: "'Phill Jenkins'" <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Cc: <wai-wcag-editor@w3.org>

Is it the role of the W3C to do this?  It seems to me that the two
bodies produced different things. One a Recommendation on producing as
fully accessible websites as possible and the other a specification for
the purchasing of equipment and systems for a specific purchasing group.

Of course we all know the WAI Recommendations are the honey produced by
a host of bees working in a symbiotic relationship, the 508 the product
of a committee possibly those who set out to specify a horse and
designed a camel:))))

Harry Woodrow