Re: Sec. 508 vs. WAI

From: Phill Jenkins <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 16:58:27 -0600
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Cc: wai-wcag-editor@w3.org

I would also publically ask that the W3C WAI publish their view of the
differences between the Web part of the 508 technical standard and WCAG
1.0.  Better yet would be a joint document from both the Access Board and
WAI that they both agree on.  I would recommend NOT including any
discussion of the policy stuff, i.e., conformance vs compliance, since W3C
does not really produce policy documents.

What the Access-Board has published that Larry Hull quoted is an excellent
start.  I also have an internal IBM version that I could contribute.  The
Web Content Guidelines Working Group (GL) also needs to publish a
comparison for the next public draft of WCAG 2.0

Regards,
Phill Jenkins
IBM Research Division - Accessibility Center
11501 Burnet Rd,  Austin TX  78758    http://www.ibm.com/able