Re: Reminder: Tue 13 Aug for comments on Media tutorial

Shawn,

Highlighting a few things that jumped out at me...

* https://wai-media-guide.netlify.com/design-develop/media/

"Sign language is not required by most policies." I think that this
statement is unclear, e.g., it is presented without context; and that it
could be easily misunderstood. I think what you may mean here is that
sign language may not be required in many web accessibility policies. If
so, then scope the statement that way. As stated, IMO it could be
misunderstood (depending on the country as for instance that sign
language is not required under the US ADA, or the CVAA."

"This resource walks through" needs copyediting. Suggestion: "This
resource provides a walk-through..." But overall this intro sentence
could be stated more directly "This resource walks through understanding
what is needed to make media accessible" for instance "This resource
describes what is needed to make media accessible"

Also, word missing "To *figure out what your specific audio or video
needs*," -- "... needs are..."

"An example accessible video is on the Colors with Good Contrast page
<https://www.w3.org/WAI/perspective-videos/contrast/>" ... hard to
parse. Perhaps... "An example accessible video from the Colors with Good
Contrast page <https://www.w3.org/WAI/perspective-videos/contrast/>

How about boxing off the "Example" on this page, to break up the long
run of text?

* https://wai-media-guide.netlify.com/design-develop/media/planning/

Description not needed: This visuals in this video only support -- Typo.
The visuals...

Spell out acronyms like SEO the first time it's used, to be fair and
welcoming to diverse communities including people reading this in
translation.

* https://wai-media-guide.netlify.com/design-develop/media/av-content/

Particularly in the Audio section of this page, the guidance seems very
spread-out -- few words, and lots of space and scrolling to get to the

The lower part of the page (Video) where the information density is
higher seems more readable.

No specific comments otherwise.

In general, I wish there were a way to get to the next or previous page
without having to scroll all the way to the end.

* General

  * I wasn't able to get any further in my revise tonight, but what I'm
    seeing looks good overall.
  * Most of the points I'm seeing are minor, and could get picked up
    through a last copyediting pass.

Good to see this coming together!

- Judy

--