Re: [wbs] response to 'Showcase Video, final script approval: Scripts 6 - 10'

Hi Shadi, responses in-line below.  Andrew

-------------------

Andrew Arch

Accessibility / Inclusivity / Assisted Digital

Digital Transformation Office <http://www.dto.gov.au/>

p. 0428 134 529

e. andrew.arch@digital.gov.au
t. @AusDTO <https://twitter.com/AusDTO>  |  @amja <https://twitter.com/amja>

On 3 March 2016 at 17:15, Shadi Abou-Zahra <shadi@w3.org> wrote:

> [...]
>>>

>>   * (x) I reviewed it and have no objections - produce it!
>>   * ( ) I am pretty happy with the revised script but suggest you to
>> consider my comment (at the discretion of the Task Force). Suggestion
>> only,
>> not a show stopper - in GitHub or below.
>>   * ( ) I do have a *strong* (showstopping) objection and have commented
>> in
>> GitHub or below.
>>   * ( ) I didn't get to it; I will pass on commenting on the document and
>> accept the decisions of the Group.
>>

>>> ---------------------------------
>>> Script 7: Large Activation Areas
>>> ----
>>> Please review Script 7: Large Activation Areas and add any comments in
>>> GitHub as new issues or pull requests. If you are not comfortable with
>>> GitHub, please add your comments below.
>>> (If it helps your review: diff-markup of changes to the 12 February.)
>>>

>>   * (x) I reviewed it and have no objections - produce it!
>>   * ( ) I am pretty happy with the revised script but suggest you to
>> consider my comment (at the discretion of the Task Force). Suggestion
>> only,
>> not a show stopper - in GitHub or below.
>>

>>   * ( ) I have a *strong* (showstopping) objection and have commented in
>> GitHub or below.
>>   * ( ) I didn't get to it; I will pass on commenting on the document and
>> accept the decisions of the Group.
>>
>> and be sure to emphasis in the related web page that associated form
>> labels
>> help do this :)
>>

> Yes, good point. See related issue #89:
>  - https://github.com/w3c/wai-showcase-examples/issues/89
>

> ---------------------------------
>>> Script 8: Text Customization
>>> ----
>>> Please review Script 8: Text Customization and add any comments in GitHub
>>> as new issues or pull requests. If you are not comfortable with GitHub,
>>> please add your comments below.
>>> (If it helps your review: diff-markup of changes to the 12 February.)
>>>

>>   * ( ) I reviewed it and have no objections - produce it!
>>

>>   * (x) I am pretty happy with the revised script but suggest you to
>> consider my comment (at the discretion of the Task Force). Suggestion
>> only,
>> not a show stopper - in GitHub or below.
>>
>>   * ( ) I do have a *strong* (showstopping) objection and have commented
>> in
>> GitHub or below.
>>
>>   * ( ) I didn't get to it; I will pass on commenting on the document and
>> accept the decisions of the Group.
>>
>> Suggestion: in sequence 2, maybe the text could have no spacing from the
>> LHS or other line delineated margins (something that also makes text
>> harder
>> to read)
>>

> Good suggestions, thanks. Yes, spacing and margins. But why left-hand side
> (LHS) in particular?
>
> Just suggested LHS as EN etc text is always justified left so all the
lines can butt up hard against the LHS making the first word on every line
herder to discern

> Suggestion: could we have a short scene 4.5 where the user also adjust the
>> font, say from serif to sans-serif?
>>

> We should have a switch of font, though from a weird one to sans-serif. We
> will actually try not to focus on this aspect too much, so as not to stir
> up any potential discussion about one font type being necessarily better
> than another - the idea is adaptability rather than a font type.
>
> should have suggested any font to comic-sans which is preferred by many
with dyslexia

> ---------------------------------
>>> Script 9: Simple Language
>>> ----
>>> Please review Script 9: Simple Language and add any comments in GitHub as
>>> new issues or pull requests. If you are not comfortable with GitHub,
>>> please add your comments below.
>>> (If it helps your review: diff-markup of changes to the 12 February.)
>>>

>>   * (x) I reviewed it and have no objections - produce it!
>>   * ( ) I am pretty happy with the revised script but suggest you to
>> consider my comment (at the discretion of the Task Force). Suggestion
>> only,
>> not a show stopper - in GitHub or below.
>>   * ( ) I do have a *strong* (showstopping) objection and have commented
>> in
>> GitHub or below.
>>   * ( ) I didn't get to it; I will pass on commenting on the document and
>> accept the decisions of the Group.
>>

>>> ---------------------------------
>>> Script 10: Keyboard Compatibility
>>> ----
>>> Please review Script 10: Keyboard Compatibility and add any comments in
>>> GitHub as new issues or pull requests. If you are not comfortable with
>>> GitHub, please add your comments below.
>>> (If it helps your review: diff-markup of changes to the 12 February.)
>>>

>>   * ( ) I reviewed it and have no objections - produce it!
>>

>>   * (x) I am pretty happy with the revised script but suggest you to
>> consider my comment (at the discretion of the Task Force). Suggestion
>> only,
>> not a show stopper - in GitHub or below.
>>   * ( ) I do have a *strong* (showstopping) objection and have commented
>> in
>> GitHub or below.
>>   * ( ) I didn't get to it; I will pass on commenting on the document and
>> accept the decisions of the Group.
>>
>> suggestion: could there be a scene without and then with visible keyboard
>> focus?
>>

> Yes, keyboard indicator will be part of the before/after aspect. It will
> not be immediately apparent to novice viewers but will be further explained
> in the surrounding landing page.
>

> Suggestion: could there be a scene where the user get frustrated by having
>> to tab through 57 fly-out menu options to get to the main content? (at
>> least discuss this on the related web page)
>>

> Yes, maybe more in the surrounding (related) web page. Showing someone tab
> through X-amount of links is not interesting, let alone feasible in the
> short amount of time that we have :)

'not interesting' - that's the point, it's tedious and time-consuming if
you have to do it :(