Re: [wbs] response to 'Showcase Video, final script approval: Scripts 6 - 10'

Hi Andrew,

Thank you very much for your responses! Some initial comments below.

On 1.3.2016 23:39, Andrew Arch via WBS Mailer wrote:
> The following answers have been successfully submitted to 'Showcase Video,
> final script approval: Scripts 6 - 10' (Education and Outreach Working
> Group) for Andrew Arch.
>

>> ---------------------------------
>> About this survey
>> ----
>> This survey is for EOWG review and approval of scripts 6-10 for Showcase
>> Examples with Videos. We have completed two rounds of review, made edits
>> based on your comments  and would appreciate your final approval.
>>
>> Please consider our time constraints and only offer objections if they
>> are relevant and strong ones.
>> Questions to consider include:
>>   * Have your previous comments been sufficiently addressed?
>>     * Do have any strong objections to the revised scripts?
>>     * Are we OK to move the scripts into production?
>>

> Looking forward to seeing them produced

Thank you! Me too!!!

>> ---------------------------------
>> Script 6: Notifications and Feedback
>> ----
>> Please review Script 6: Notifications and Feedback and add any comments
>> in GitHub as new issues or pull requests. If you are not comfortable with
>> GitHub, please add your comments below.
>> (If it helps your review: diff-markup of changes to the 12 February.)
>>

>   * (x) I reviewed it and have no objections - produce it!
>   * ( ) I am pretty happy with the revised script but suggest you to
> consider my comment (at the discretion of the Task Force). Suggestion only,
> not a show stopper - in GitHub or below.
>   * ( ) I do have a *strong* (showstopping) objection and have commented in
> GitHub or below.
>   * ( ) I didn't get to it; I will pass on commenting on the document and
> accept the decisions of the Group.
>

>> ---------------------------------
>> Script 7: Large Activation Areas
>> ----
>> Please review Script 7: Large Activation Areas and add any comments in
>> GitHub as new issues or pull requests. If you are not comfortable with
>> GitHub, please add your comments below.
>> (If it helps your review: diff-markup of changes to the 12 February.)
>>

>   * (x) I reviewed it and have no objections - produce it!
>   * ( ) I am pretty happy with the revised script but suggest you to
> consider my comment (at the discretion of the Task Force). Suggestion only,
> not a show stopper - in GitHub or below.
>

>   * ( ) I have a *strong* (showstopping) objection and have commented in
> GitHub or below.
>   * ( ) I didn't get to it; I will pass on commenting on the document and
> accept the decisions of the Group.
>
> and be sure to emphasis in the related web page that associated form labels
> help do this :)

Yes, good point. See related issue #89:
  - https://github.com/w3c/wai-showcase-examples/issues/89

>> ---------------------------------
>> Script 8: Text Customization
>> ----
>> Please review Script 8: Text Customization and add any comments in GitHub
>> as new issues or pull requests. If you are not comfortable with GitHub,
>> please add your comments below.
>> (If it helps your review: diff-markup of changes to the 12 February.)
>>

>   * ( ) I reviewed it and have no objections - produce it!
>

>   * (x) I am pretty happy with the revised script but suggest you to
> consider my comment (at the discretion of the Task Force). Suggestion only,
> not a show stopper - in GitHub or below.
>
>   * ( ) I do have a *strong* (showstopping) objection and have commented in
> GitHub or below.
>
>   * ( ) I didn't get to it; I will pass on commenting on the document and
> accept the decisions of the Group.
>
> Suggestion: in sequence 2, maybe the text could have no spacing from the
> LHS or other line delineated margins (something that also makes text harder
> to read)

Good suggestions, thanks. Yes, spacing and margins. But why left-hand
side (LHS) in particular?

> Suggestion: could we have a short scene 4.5 where the user also adjust the
> font, say from serif to sans-serif?

We should have a switch of font, though from a weird one to sans-serif.
We will actually try not to focus on this aspect too much, so as not to
stir up any potential discussion about one font type being necessarily
better than another - the idea is adaptability rather than a font type.

>> ---------------------------------
>> Script 9: Simple Language
>> ----
>> Please review Script 9: Simple Language and add any comments in GitHub as
>> new issues or pull requests. If you are not comfortable with GitHub,
>> please add your comments below.
>> (If it helps your review: diff-markup of changes to the 12 February.)
>>

>   * (x) I reviewed it and have no objections - produce it!
>   * ( ) I am pretty happy with the revised script but suggest you to
> consider my comment (at the discretion of the Task Force). Suggestion only,
> not a show stopper - in GitHub or below.
>   * ( ) I do have a *strong* (showstopping) objection and have commented in
> GitHub or below.
>   * ( ) I didn't get to it; I will pass on commenting on the document and
> accept the decisions of the Group.
>

>> ---------------------------------
>> Script 10: Keyboard Compatibility
>> ----
>> Please review Script 10: Keyboard Compatibility and add any comments in
>> GitHub as new issues or pull requests. If you are not comfortable with
>> GitHub, please add your comments below.
>> (If it helps your review: diff-markup of changes to the 12 February.)
>>

>   * ( ) I reviewed it and have no objections - produce it!
>

>   * (x) I am pretty happy with the revised script but suggest you to
> consider my comment (at the discretion of the Task Force). Suggestion only,
> not a show stopper - in GitHub or below.
>   * ( ) I do have a *strong* (showstopping) objection and have commented in
> GitHub or below.
>   * ( ) I didn't get to it; I will pass on commenting on the document and
> accept the decisions of the Group.
>
> suggestion: could there be a scene without and then with visible keyboard
> focus?

Yes, keyboard indicator will be part of the before/after aspect. It will
not be immediately apparent to novice viewers but will be further
explained in the surrounding landing page.

> Suggestion: could there be a scene where the user get frustrated by having
> to tab through 57 fly-out menu options to get to the main content? (at
> least discuss this on the related web page)

Yes, maybe more in the surrounding (related) web page. Showing someone
tab through X-amount of links is not interesting, let alone feasible in
the short amount of time that we have :)

Many thanks for your input!

Thanks,
   Shadi

>> These answers were last modified on 1 March 2016 at 22:36:29 U.T.C.
>> by Andrew Arch
>>
> Answers to this questionnaire can be set and changed at
> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35532/showcase3/ until 2016-03-02.
>
>   Regards,
>
>   The Automatic WBS Mailer

Activity Lead, WAI International Program Office
W3C Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI)