Re: tooltip onfocus

Jonathan Chetwynd wrote:
> Ian,
>
> The recommendation is there, we seem agreed that the implementation is
> not difficult, however the reality is that no one knows of a browser
> that exhibits this behaviour. As stated to wai-ig, it is not so much
> this example as the 'process' that may be faulty.
>
> W3C groups are recommendation focused, and implementation is left
 > to bug  reports.
> Where is the discussion group that draws attention to a failure in
> understanding?

Developers read this list, so this is one place to start. And
we talk with developers during teleconferences or in person. So this
may be the most appropriate W3C list for your bug report.

However, it may be necessary to send a bug report to individual
vendors. Unfortunately, the UAWG can only enter into discussion
with developers; we have no enforcement powers.

> It is very hard to imagine how this slipped through the net*, and yet it
> did.
> People with severe learning difficulties have individual and particular
> needs.
> We will need excellent channels of communication in order to implement
> recommendations to their benefit.

I agree. We have already heard positive feedback from developers about
our test suite. Perhaps a test for this feature can be added to it.

Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447