Minutes from 23 jan telecon

From: Matt May <mcmay@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 10:44:53 -0800
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org

                      Minutes from UAWG telecon, 23 January

Attendance

    jg Jon Gunderson, chair
    ja Jim Allan
    tl Tim Lacy
    cl Cathy Laws
    mm Matt May, scribe

Minutes

  Face-to-face planning

    jg: f2f meeting March 6-7. Tentative agenda online.
    jg: thurs. am will be test suites/implementation reports. Meeting
with
    QA group.
    jg: Later that am, discussing continued development of test suites.
    Colin Koteles is still interested, as is Jim Allan.
    jg: Thurs pm meeting with Judy Brewer and maybe some EO people.
    Increasing awareness of UAAG and how to solve problems.
    jg: going to invite new people and restock the WG with new members.
    jg: Friday discussion on future direction, meeting with PFWG. We'd
    like to meet with the HTML WG. Issues with accesskey and other UA
    behavior.
    jg: Fri pm debriefing, and what we'll get to accomplish in the next
    year
    jg: Late Fri pm planning session, optional.
    ja: Won't be able to attend
    cl: Will attend, probably with Rich Schwerdtfeger
    tl: MS does not expect to send someone
    jg: Our scope of potential WG members have expanded. We have people
    working on implementation, people working on outreach, people looking
    forward at new technologies. I think a lot of emphasis should be on
    implementation and EO, but we should be thinking about the future.
    mm: I advise attending the plenary day on Weds if you're going to
    attend the f2f. Also, I talked with several people about joining UA
    while at the ATIA meeting.
    jg: Looking to get people from ATs to join. Also looking at Sun's
    Beijing team.
    mm: I talked with Chris Hofstadter and Eric Damery(?) from Freedom
    Scientific.

  Test Suites

    jg: matt, jim allan and I are interested in the implementation
report,
    and Colin is up for helping.
    cl: Our group is looking at those tests, and are adding it into our
    tests for HPR.
    jg: We'd like to hear feedback if something is broken.
    ja: We're presenting on it at CSUN.
    jg: Matt has updated the test suite form to be processed at the
    server.
    jg: For meetings, I propose meeting every other week. Next meeting
    would be 2/6, then 2/20. Availability?
    cl: I think so.
    ja: I can make the 6th, but not the 20th.
    jg: Any recommendations for new members, please forward to matt or
    myself.