Re: Real world example of destructive onfocus

From: Aaron Leventhal <aaronl@netscape.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 00:15:14 -0800
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
In my view, onfocus and onblur events are not used in ways destructive
to accessibility. Perhaps someone can prove me wrong.
I also think it's putting a big burden on developers, and the complexity
of the UI, to support navigating to elements without focusing there.
Personally, if we can't find a real world example, I'd like to see
onfocus and onblur events excluded from the bit about needing to
navigate without setting off event handlers. Unless someone can argue a
good case where it's really useful.

Aaron