Re: What's the real-life meaning of an element?

These are "the right questions" but the next document to try to answer them is
the XML Guidelines in work in the PF Working Group.

Even for HTML today, the answers to these questions are not that clear.  That
is partly why we don't have any more specific requirements in Checkpoints 7.6
(navigation) and 8.4 (orientation) than we do.

Al