RE: Questions regarding animation requirements in UAAG 1.0

You can do all this right now in IE 5.5.

Here is a pointer to my personal demo page (only looks like much in IE
5.5):
http://research.microsoft.com/~pschmitz/demos/H+Tdemos.html

and for a demo of speed, see the orbit demo (first one on the page
above):
http://research.microsoft.com/~pschmitz/demos/orbit2.htm

This includes binding to buttons (no script) for reverse, fast forward,
slow forward and volume control (not that there is no script used in
this animation, even for the button controls). Everything is wired
declaratively. Note that the midi audio plays at all forward rates, at
the correct speed but no pitch corrected. I have not yet found an audio
or video decoder commonly used on the web that behaves well with reverse
speeds (but the SMIL 2 model includes rules for graceful degradation in
these cases).

Even if you do not have IE 5.5 and so cannot play the animation, you can
fetch it into the HTML browser of your choice and then view the source.
I would be happy to answer further questions.

If you are interested in speed animations in particular, we should talk
about the model IE implemented, which is a VTR model rather than a pure
DOM model (I can explain the differences if you care).

Hope this helps - Patrick

ml#TimeManip-accelerateSyntax