MPEG 4

From: Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 09:36:47 -0600
To: w3c-wai-pf@w3.org, w3c-wai-ua@w3.org

I spoke with the MPEG-4 working group chair today who works for IBM. MPEG-4
will support SMIL. Her team is implementing SMIL on MPEG 4 and will be
presenting at the XMIL meetings Thursday and Friday next week in Cambridge.
We should attend.

They will be demoing an MPEG-4 prototype that I believe will speak the text
from the MPEG-4 file that runs as a Java applet or application. I will be
getting the name of the presenter.

Their work sounds quite impressive.

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger
Senior Technical Staff Member
IBM Accessibility Center
Research Division
EMail/web: schwer@us.ibm.com

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.",
Frost