Client-side redirection is timed input

From: Greg Lowney <greglo@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 13:55:47 -0800
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
In today's conference call we discussed whether checkpoint 3.6 ("Allow
configuration so that an author-specified 'client-side redirect'...does not
change content except on explicit user request") should be raised from
priority 2 to priority 1.

It seems to me that a user agent must already allow the user to override the
timing of auto-redirection in order to comply with checkpoint 2.2. The
latter reads "For a presentation that requires user input within a specified
time interval controlled by the user agent, allow the user to configure the
user agent to pause the presentation automatically and await user input
before proceeding", and it is priority 1.

In fact, it seems that client-side redirection is in fact just an example of
"a presentation that requires user input within a specified time interval
controlled by the user agent", and therefore 3.6 is just a special case of,
and therefore redundant to, checkpoint 2.2.

Is 3.6 valuable as a separate checkpoint, or should it be just one of the
examples given in the Note or Techniques for 2.2?

	Thanks,
	Greg