Meaning of "important special case"

From: Hansen, Eric <ehansen@ets.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 16:13:57 -0500
To: "UA List (E-mail)" <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>
We may need to think about what we mean when we say that one checkpoint is
an "important special case" of another checkpoint.

I have identified one case in which a P3 checkpoint (checkpoint 9.6) is said
to be an "important special case" of a P2 checkpoint (checkpoint 9.3).

This seems illogical, since I would think that an important special case of
a P2 checkpoint would be either P2 or P1.

I did not find other cases of "important special case" that have this
possible contradiction.