Re: highlighting the focus

Loretta,
It is much easier for people using screen readers if one element in a
graphical window has the when a new window is opened and configured to
receive focus.  We do not require that an element in the new window have
focus in the guidelines when it opens, only that the user have control of
how focus changes when a new window opens automatically (checkpoint 4.18
and 4.20).  The window that has the focus needs to be highlighted according
to the OS conventions per checkpoint 8.6.

Is there a particular product that you have questions about?

Jon