Mark's comments for Issue #167

From: Mickey Quenzer <mickeyq@prodworks.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 08:14:39 -0800
To: Jon Gunderson <jongund@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>
Cc: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org, hakkinen@prodworks.com
Hello gang:

Here are mark's comments reguarding issue  167.

  21.MQ: Ask Mark about meaning of comment raised in Issue #167

1.  SECTION 2.3 - When switching synthesizer based upon natural languages, the
> UA may incur significant processing delays that can hinder understanding
> (e.g.., "The greeting 'Good Day' is expressed as <span lang="fi">Hyvää

2.> Further, announcements of language switching can interfere with the
> presentation. The user should be able to configure whether or not
language switching is active (I.E. turning language switching off), and
specify whether announcements indicating the language switches

*******              Mickey Quenzer            *******
******* Productivity Works Technical Support   *******
*******    Phone: 253-475-3811                 *******
*******    Email: {mickeyq@prodworks.com}    *******