W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-ua@w3.org > January to March 2000

AGENDA: W3C WAI User Agent Telecon 10 February 2000

From: Jon Gunderson <jongund@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 09:41:56 -0600
Message-Id: <4.1.20000209093900.01a3b490@staff.uiuc.edu>
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
WAI UA Telecon for Feburary 10th, 2000 

Chair: Jon Gunderson 
Date: Thursday, Feburary 10th
Time: 2:00 pm to 3:30 pm Eastern Standard Time, USA
Call-in: Longfellow Bridge (+1) (617) 252-1038

Agenda

Review Open Action Items (see below for details)

Announcements 

   1.Special Telecon on the use of DOM by AT developers to access WWW
content, on Thursday, 17 February 
     http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2000/02/wai-ua-telecon-20000217.html 

   2.Extra Telecons scheduled to resolve Candidate Recommendation issues,
on Wednesday, 23 February and Wednesday, 1 March (if needed)
     http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2000/02/wai-ua-telecon-20000223.html 
     http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2000/03/wai-ua-telecon-20000301.html 

Discussion 

   1.FTF meeting update 

   2.Special telecon with Assistive Technology developers on uses of DOM to
improve accessibility of AT 

   3.Should there be reviews of techniques before they are added to the
techniques document 

   4.#190: Reduce the scope of 5.1 to say "write access only for that which
you can do through the UI."
     http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#190 

   5.CR#191: Does a pause function satisfy checkpoint 2.2? CR
     http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#191 

   6.CR#192: Does hiding video satisfy checkpoint 3.3 
     http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#192 

   7.CR#193: In the case of animations, does checkpoint 4.5 mean a
requirement to step through or slow the speed as well as being able to turn
it off? 
     http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#193 

   8.CR#194: In a timed presentation does checkpoint 7.2 mean return to the
time that the user was at in a previous MM rendering 
     http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#194 

   9.CR#195: Problems understanding checkpoint 1.5 
     http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#195 

  10.CR#196: It is unclear to developers how they know they conform to
Checkpoint 6.2: Conform to W3C specifications when they are appropriate 
     http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#196 

  11.CR#197: Not clear with the scope of user preferences is in Checkpoint
10.7 
     http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#197 

  12.CR#198: How much information needs to be provided to satisfy
Checkpoint 8.4 
     http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#198 

  13.CR#199: Poor wording of checkpoint 10.8, it is not clear what the
requirement is to improve accessibility 
     http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#199 

  14.CR#200: Checkpoint 5.5, developers not unclear on how they know they
have satisfied this checkpoint 
     http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#200 


Action Items

Open Action Items

   1.IJ: For 4.10 add the CSS2 property. And cross reference 4.7 techniques 

   2.IJ: For 4.11 add the CSS2 property. 

   3.IJ: XWindows techniques for 5.3 

   4.IJ: DOM2 techniques for 5.3 (if any) 

   5.IJ: For 6.2 add a link to the TR page. Add links to conformance
sections in specs. Also to validation services. 

   6.IJ: Fix section numbering in techs doc in checkpoint 7.3 

   7.IJ: Ensure that checkpoints are in proper priority order. 

   8.IJ: For 6.2, propose some wording to address the "when available" issue. 

   9.JG: for 5.3: Find out windows/mac accessibility guidelines. 

  10.DA: For 2.4, link to markup language specs where text equivalent info
is discussed. Include rationale. Point to WCAG 1.0 

  11.DB: Ask IE Team about publication of review of IE 5 and Pri 1
checkpoints. 

  12.GR: Send to the list techniques for how to use and control focus to
not have new windows cause problems for usability. In particular, how this
will work with ATs.
 
  13.JA: Submit techniques for 4.14 

  14.JA: For 4.8 check with Geoff Freed and Madeleine Rothberg, and copy
response to Marja any results. 

  15.JA: 4.14: There are CSS2 properties (including :focus). 

  16.MK: For 4.8 check if any media players do this? 

  17.MK: Find out techniques for sending text search requests to servers of
streamed text. 

  18.MR: Review techniques for topic 3.1 (Multi-media) 

  19.MR: Review techniques for Guideline 4 (Multi-media) 

  20.MR: Run a multimedia player through the guidelines for January. 

  21.MQ: Ask Mark about meaning of comment raised in Issue #167 

  22.MQ: Ask Mark Hakkinen about telephone browsers and the guidelines. 

  23.RS: Take these issues to WAI PF. Get input from MSAA developers as
well. Craft email to PF WG with Ian 

  24.RS: Send some code to show how to listen to content changes 

Completed Action Items

   1.JG: Send request for times to adminreq. 

Jon Gunderson, Ph.D., ATP
Coordinator of Assistive Communication and Information Technology
Chair, W3C WAI User Agent Working Group
Division of Rehabilitation - Education Services
College of Applied Life Studies
University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign
1207 S. Oak Street, Champaign, IL  61820

Voice: (217) 244-5870
Fax: (217) 333-0248

E-mail: jongund@uiuc.edu

WWW: http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~jongund
WWW: http://www.w3.org/wai/ua
Received on Wednesday, 9 February 2000 10:44:18 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 27 October 2009 06:49:51 GMT