Re: Suggested editorial amendment

From: Gregory J. Rosmaita <unagi69@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 01:58:35 -0400
To: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
aloha, charles!

i know that the WG, at least, agreed in principle, that -- for both
discussion's and sanity's sake -- until a new working group draft is posted, we
would consider anything demarcated as for "dependent user agents only..." as
applying to assistive technologies...

despite listening to the minutes thrice over, i still don't know if we formally
resolved to do so, but from my recollection, and from the tenor of the minutes
located at:
http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/1999/10/wai-ua-f2f-199910-minutes.html
it seems that, by resolving to move what were once enumerated as checkpoints
"For dependent user agents only..." to quote an informative appendix unquote,
and (as i recall) scouring the guidelines for every mention of "dependent user
agents" in order to discern whether it was appropriate to either substitute the
term "assistive technology" or drop the reference, we already have...

g.

Charles McCN wrote:
>Perhaps - I didn't recall that happening (but I haven't checked the minutes)
He that lives on Hope, dies farting
     -- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, 1763
Gregory J. Rosmaita <unagi69@concentric.net>
   WebMaster and Minister of Propaganda, VICUG NYC
        <http://www.hicom.net/~oedipus/vicug/index.html>