Re: Proposed change to checkpoint on font size control

From: Jon Gunderson <jongund@staff.uiuc.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 08:59:30 -0700
To: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>, w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
I think this is OK if part of it includes having the text wrap to the width
of a visual view port.  This can be problematic as the text size grows and
words are split between lines to conform to the view port width requirement.
Jon

At 03:59 PM 8/24/99 -0400, Ian Jacobs wrote:
>Proposed change to checkpoint 6.2 (from [1]):
>
>6.2 Allow the user to control font size. [Priority 1]
>
>In the SYMM Working Group meeting I attended a couple of weeks
>ago one of the WG participants asked whether checkpoint 6.2 could
>be satisfied via a zoom function. I believe it can be,
>and I would like to propose changing checkpoint 6.2 to read:
>
>   Allow the user to control the rendered size of text. [Priority 1]
>       For example, by allowing the user to change the font
>       size or to magnify text.
>
>- Ian
>
>[1] http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/WAI-USERAGENT-19990809
>--
>Ian Jacobs (jacobs@w3.org)   http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs
>Tel/Fax:                     +1 212 684-1814

1207 S. Oak Street
Champaign, IL 61820

Voice: 217-244-5870
Fax: 217-333-0248