Comments on using checkpoints to evaluate desktop graphical user agent

From: jon gunderson <jongund@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 06:22:50 -0500 (CDT)
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
Notes on checkpoints while reviewing IE:
Checkpoint 1.1 and 2.1 are almost identical for desktop graphical
browsers.  We need to include examples of a KIosk orsome other
non-keyboard/mouse based user agent in 1.1 to show that it
is a much more general checkpoint that 2.1.

Checkpoint 4.2.  Is this related to toolbars or all controls?  This may be
to broad of a checkpoint.

Checkpoint 6.16 What does user interface components mean?

We also need to have more examples of what views are to make it clear to
developers.