Re: checkpoint 8.1

From: Jon Gunderson <jongund@staff.uiuc.edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 09:04:57 -0700
To: thatch@us.ibm.com, w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
Cc: ij@w3.org
Jim,
There is a definition of views in Appendix A of the guidelines document
which should help clarify the meaning of views.  It maybe useful to have a
link on the key word "view" to the definition.  I will check with Ian on
the possibility of doing that.

Thanks again for your comments, they are very important for getting this
document into a usable shape.
Jon

At 06:18 PM 8/17/99 -0500, thatch@us.ibm.com wrote:

>Here is 8.1:
>
>Allow the user to navigate views (notably those with frame viewports).
>
>I don't know what this means. The view menus of IE, Opera and Netscape don't
>offer any guidance. The terminology needs refining. Not only do I not know
what
>a view is, neither do I know what one is with a frame viewport. But then
again,
>I don't know what a frame viewport is.
>
>That all makes me pretty stupid, I recogonize, which is no surprise to me.
But I
>put myself at the high end on probablity of understanding one of these
>checkpoints. This is probably just a wording problem. Please help with
different
>words.
>
>Jim Thatcher
>IBM Special Needs Systems