Re: [w3c-wai-ua] <none>

Jim,
This checkpoint is designed to help keep users oriented so that as they
move between documents and return to previously viewed dcouments that the
users previous position in the document (i.e. the link or control within
the document that has the programatic focus) and view (what part of the
document they see, hear, etc..)  is the same as when they were last in the
document.  So as the user navigates through documents and are using the
BACK command to return to previously viewed documents, the user is NOT
forced to the beginning of each previously viewed document.

Jon

At 09:06 PM 8/17/99 -0500, thatch@us.ibm.com wrote:

>I'm now looking at 9.1 which is:
>
>Provide a mechanism for highlighting and identifying (through a standard
>interface where available) the current view, selection, and focus.
>
> I don't know what this means either. The techniques link is broken.
Searching
>for 9.1 in the guideline I found:
>
>3.6.6 Frames
>Checkpoints in this section: 9.1.
>
>And 9.1 doesn't seem to talk about frames.
>
>What does it mean to highlight and identify the current view, selection or
>focus?
>
>Jim Thatcher
>IBM Special Needs Systems
>www.ibm.com/sns