checkpoint 8.1

From: <thatch@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 18:18:26 -0500
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org

Here is 8.1:

Allow the user to navigate views (notably those with frame viewports).

I don't know what this means. The view menus of IE, Opera and Netscape don't
offer any guidance. The terminology needs refining. Not only do I not know what
a view is, neither do I know what one is with a frame viewport. But then again,
I don't know what a frame viewport is.

That all makes me pretty stupid, I recogonize, which is no surprise to me. But I
put myself at the high end on probablity of understanding one of these
checkpoints. This is probably just a wording problem. Please help with different
words.

Jim Thatcher
IBM Special Needs Systems
www.ibm.com/sns