SMIL and temporal links

From: Marja-Riitta Koivunen <marja@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 19:05:29 -0400
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
In SMIL we may have some temporal material, for instance a link that is
only shown a short time in a video clip. Should that be made also
statically available if needed?

I think this is similar to being able to go through a list of links (or
pictures) or other objects on a static page. Now we can, in addition, also
go through all the links in time. Maybe even through all video or audio
clips. After finding an interesting link, we could reset the clock and
start the SMIL presentation from that point forward?

Marja