Re: Math ML - Math expression

Hi Sirisha,
It has been a while since I made accessible math equations for a couple of online university courses I was helping with, but this is what I remember about the process.

Get the content experts (the equation makers) to use either LaTeX or MathType to create their equations. Many mathematicians and/or physicists already create their equations in LaTeX.

If the content expert is not using LaTeX, they can use MathType with MSWord to create equations that can be converted to LaTeX easily using MathType.

MathJax is an open-source JavaScript display engine for LaTeX, MathML, and AsciiMath notation that works in all modern browsers.

http://docs.mathjax.org/en/latest/mathjax.html <http://docs.mathjax.org/en/latest/mathjax.html>

Sirisha, depending on what format your raw equation files are in, you may just need MathJax to render the equations accessibly in a browser.

If you have content that was created in MSWord without MathType, you will have to use MathType to convert the equations. In my opinion, it is best to have the content expert do this.

I am not an expert at making accessible math. This is a recollection of my own experience to render equations in a web browser for an online course in a way that they are accessible.

I hope this is helpful.
Taliesin