(unknown charset) RE: Technical baseline clause revisited?

Hi Alan and  Phill,
Alan, I take it you mean this exchange.
Perhaps?  You can achieve the All, not by basing it on tools, but again by
basking it on the floor.  The tools, their expansiveness or limitations,
depend entirely on the individual.  All individuals  deserve a way in.
When you start choosing the tools, you prevent the individual uniqueness.
You can instead  create the floor. first the basic concrete, then the
floor if I add a chair or two, or a table etc.  Each edition may present
varying experience, but there is still a floor.
Two different but equally fine illustrations from my own technical life.
Some time in the recent past the American Foundation for the Blind won a
suit against the Social Security Administration requiring them to provide
documents in accessible formats.
At first letters were sent, just the letters if one desired, on a disc
that
one could open in a word processor.
Somewhere along the line, someone decided to do your one screen reader one
operating system thing...adding a software program to the previously just
the letters  ma'am disc.  And naturally making sure loads of people can no
longer read their Social Security Administration letters at all.
So I have spent the better part of a year trying to get something that
works without success because someone working for the SSA decides, hey I
can do it, I  fit this label, end of discussion.  Instead of keeping the
communication simple.
Imagine if a person fails to get their ssa communication and loses their
benefits because someone tested in one screen reader and one operating
system, but it is neither the screen reader or operating system of the
individual getting the letter?
You will discriminate if you root your compliance in tools alone...there
is no such thing as common in a world where  bodies work differently.  You
cannot project the idea of the most common without also projecting the
idea that a percentage of a group are enough alike for a common preference
to be determined.  does this make sense?
My other illustration stems from how I can, because the administrator for
the shell service I use, provides   most recent developer editions of low
and  medium
graphics browsers, manage in places others even in windows or something
cannot.
The shell is based in Ubuntu, and for example uses the latest edition of
lynx, from April 2016.  I might find a script button,  on a website where
I can do the following command
:SUBMIT
on said button, be presented with the option of submitting the content,
and
move forward even though the button is java scripted, even sometimes if it
is done well, even if the button would also need a mouse click.
It worked...for me.  it might not for many others who are in windows where
the graphics are so tightly woven that only a mouse will do.
Phil referenced  places where video content exists, depending on the
place, say a news organization, CBS  could be compliant by providing a
transcript along with the video content.  I am actually finding more of
these
options, for example a link on the Washington Post website telling me a
story is suitable for screen readers.
I would much rather have that link say it is for low graphics  access
instead, because many populations benefit from less junk.  still it is a
start.
Again, does this make sense?
Just my take of course,

Kare