Re: HTML5 DL Element vs. WCAG 2.0 Success Criteria

accessibility-supported by JAWS or NVDA? Dare I even ask about VoiceOver?"

I would seriously question this, as what the 'accessibility support'
requirement is for these elements is not defined anywhere.  What is clear
is that both JAWS and VoiceOver identify definition lists as definition
lists and allow users to access the items. Some browsers (Safari and
Firefox) expose the definition list semantics via accessibility APIs

Do AT convey the semantics as some would wish them to? probably not, but
this does not constitute a lack of 'accessibility support'.

--

Regards

SteveF