Re: What are these "many applications" ??

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 12:33 PM, Shadi Abou-Zahra <shadi@w3.org> wrote:

> Unfortunately it is not very clear but this advice is mostly from 1992!

> The overview page for this style guide says the following:
> - http://www.w3.org/Provider/**Style/ <http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/>
>  [[
> This document was written in the early days of the web (1992), defining
> such terms as "webmaster", the "www.xxx.com" convention, and a few basic
> points which are just as valid today.  It has not been updated to discuss
> recent developments in HTML., and is out of date in many places, except for
> the addition of a few new pages, with given dates.
> ]]
>
> Side note: this particular page was last edited by TimBL in 1997.

Googled... -> w3c title length

... and I reached this page... it is the number 1 result.

> The WCAG 2.0 techniques G88 and H25 provide more up-to-date guidance:
>  - http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20-**TECHS/G88<http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20-TECHS/G88>
>  - http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20-**TECHS/H25<http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20-TECHS/H25>
>
> The latter also links to the relevant part of the HTML4 specification.

Checked both the new "up-to-date guidance" ... I don't find any information
regarding Title length here.
I needed to decide on a healthy "Title Length" which the older document had
informed.

So, what would be that? 64 characters?