Re: What are these "many applications" ??

From: Shadi Abou-Zahra <shadi@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 08:03:10 +0100
To: "Ganesh J. Acharya" <ganeshjacharya@gmail.com>, WAI IG <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Unfortunately it is not very clear but this advice is mostly from 1992!

The overview page for this style guide says the following:
- http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/ [[
This document was written in the early days of the web (1992), defining
such terms as "webmaster", the "www.xxx.com" convention, and a few basic
points which are just as valid today.  It has not been updated to
discuss recent developments in HTML., and is out of date in many places,
except for the addition of a few new pages, with given dates.

Side note: this particular page was last edited by TimBL in 1997.

The WCAG 2.0 techniques G88 and H25 provide more up-to-date guidance:
  - http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20-TECHS/G88
  - http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20-TECHS/H25

The latter also links to the relevant part of the HTML4 specification.