Re: Rethinking the necessities of ARIA landmark role "main" and HTML5 <main> element

On 24/03/2013 13:41, Ian Yang wrote:
> Apparently, people who disagreed with the introductions of "main" role
> and <main> element are purely out of structural reason. They thought by
> using "process of elimination" is enough to tell the main content, so in
> the html structure there doesn't need to be a <main> element or an
> element being given the "main" role; while people who agreed with the
> introductions of these two features are out of accessibility reason.

The Scooby-Doo / process of elimination algorithm can probably be used
as a fallback heuristic, in case there is no explicitly defined main
area. But, and that may just be me, I'd rather see an explicit,
declarative way of identifying the main area myself as a developer/coder.

Patrick H. Lauke