Re: Rethinking the necessities of ARIA landmark role "main" and HTML5 <main> element

hi Ian,

Apparently, people who disagreed with the introductions of "main" role and
> <main> element are purely out of structural reason. They thought by using
> "process of elimination" is enough to tell the main content, so in the html
> structure there doesn't need to be a <main> element or an element being
> given the "main" role

nice in theory, but in practcie it has been shown that provision of an
element that identifies main content is a common pattern and is simpler and
more robust for the purpose than relying upon everything else been marked
up correctly

with regards

--
SteveF