Re: Color contrast between semi-transparent colors

Hi David,

Thank you for your input.

I believe this should be addressed as a separate guideline. I've started another thread about variable color backgrounds [1]. We cannot assume that just because the background is semi-transparent, it will be overlaid over a variable color background. For example, many designers use semi-transparent white or black on top of solid colors, to create lighter and darker variants while still being able to change the base color with one edit.

[1]: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ig/2012JulSep/0329.html

Lea Verou
W3C developer relations
http://w3.org/people/all#leahttp://lea.verou.me ✿ @leaverou