RE: UPDATE suggested alternatives to accessible version

[david wrote]
> Large areas of white space on the first two screenfuls; I presume it
only works in one browser.

David, you make a good point here.  I'm writing this not to point out what
Jonathan Hassell has done with white space but to call attention to the
effects of large amount of white space on different users with different
resolution and zoom settings.  At a resolution of 1024x768 without any
zoom the whitespace does not affect reading for me -- although the print
is too small for me to comfortably read.  When I zoom in with the browser
zoom feature or use a different resolution such as 800x600 (which is often
use) - the white space takes up a large portion of the page and reduces
the amount of actual content to a point where it becomes frustrating as I
have a limited view of the content.  The whitespace appears the same to me
in several different browsers - as I mentioned in my prior email the lack
ability to scroll horizontally is also an issue.  I understand that
increased whitespace can be helpful to other user groups including some
people with learning disabilities -- so there is definitely not a one size
fits all solution.

Jonathan