Re: Table summary attribute detection using the rotor

Hello Devarshi,
Simply put, VoiceOver / Safari does not support the summary attribute.
Just the same as they did not support LABEL element.
See
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2011Jul/0002.html

Safari and VoiceOver have been around for a while ... even before
HTML5 was conceived of. And lack of some basic HTML support has simply
carried into their new platform etc. Check how many HTML
elements/attributes are supported by IOS/Safari/VoiceOver. Then one
can decide if one should make a virtue of IOS/Safari/VO not supporting
summary because it is so focussed on HTML5 support as some like to
believe.
Certainly there are gaps as you discovered and one should acknowledge
that, file a bug and advocate for getting it fixed.
Long live the table summary attribute.

Sailesh