Re: Question re: WCAG2.0, Requirement 3.3.2

Charles is correct. There is no requirement that the labels be in any place.  the ONLY requirement is the Success Criteria.

 Techniques are NEVER requirements.   They are just one technique.   If they are specified in the understanding document as "WG feels they are sufficient"  it means just that.  The working group feels that this TECHNIQUE is sufficient to meet the Success Criteria (or some part of it) as specified.
	- it does NOT mean that it is the ONLY way to meet the SC
	- therefore it can NEVER mean that it is required.

It also does NOT mean that there are no other ways to meet the SC.    There may be other ways - ways that are not listed in any of the techniques.  In fact the working group is continually developing and reviewing techniques sent in by others and adding them to the techniques document.   There will be a revisions released soon adding scores of new techniques.

NOTE: that the test at the end of the technique is a test of whether the TECHNIQUE AS WRITTEN has been met.   But the technique is not required to meet the SC.  it is only one known and recognized way to meet the SC.

The ONLY things that are required are the Success Criteria.

Does this help?

Gregg
Gregg Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Director Trace R&D Center