Re: Size of a clickable area and the WCAG 2 guidelines

From: Matthew Smith <matt@smiffytech.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 07:04:29 +1030
To: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Quoth Jim Tobias at 2010-02-25 02:51...
> The move away from the desktop should bring dexterity issues to the fore
> again: those mobile critters can be hard to stow away, retrieve, hold,
> manipulate, and operate -- esp. the gesture interfaces.

Quite. I've considered using smartphones but what I have seen fall into
my category of "stupid, fiddly little things" - I have enough problem
with the user interface on my iPod Nano. [Note - I am capable of fine
work, including SMD soldering - but use a HUGE magnifier and special
tools for that.]

Until such time as these devices get touch-typeable keyboards (like the
old Psion Series 5,) I will be sticking with lugging around a small
laptop and separate cellphone.

Cheers

Matthew Smith
Business:      http://www.smiffytech.com/