Re: Text browser question

On Tue, 03 Mar 2009 10:42:21 +0100, Chris Backert
<CBackert@election-america.com> wrote:

> Dear WAI Interest Group Participants,
>
> I apologize in advance if this is an obvious question. I've been on a
> hunt for text only browser that has some basic Java Script support. Do
> any of the WAI IG Participants know of any or whether this is a
> hopeless search?

Chris, looks like your hopes should be pinned on eLinks -
http://elinks.or.cz/

It is a live project (at least it has been updated recently :) ), and has
"some javascript support" according to the sort of hearsay found on Google
that now passes for information. If you give it a try I would be
interested to hear of results.

(Maybe I will go through the misery of finding the tools I really need to
compile it on Mac and giving it a try myself. Although I am personally
happy with Opera).

An alternative might be to use a browser like Opera (which does support
javascript) in a text mode. It really depends on what you are trying to do
with it...

cheers

Chaals