Re: Text browser question

At 11:15 3/03/2009, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>On Tue, 03 Mar 2009 10:42:21 +0100, Chris Backert
><CBackert@election-america.com> wrote:
>
>>Dear WAI Interest Group Participants,
>>
>>I apologize in advance if this is an obvious question. I've been on a
>>hunt for text only browser that has some basic Java Script support. Do
>>any of the WAI IG Participants know of any or whether this is a
>>hopeless search?
>
>Chris, looks like your hopes should be pinned on eLinks -
>http://elinks.or.cz/
>
>It is a live project (at least it has been updated recently :) ), and has
>"some javascript support" according to the sort of hearsay found on Google
>that now passes for information. If you give it a try I would be
>interested to hear of results.

I even read claims about JavaScript support in a computer magazine (a
few years ago), but when you search the community's mailing list
archives, you'll find that messages indicating that JavaScript
support is very limited (document.write but not document.writeln [1],
no DOM support, ...). I haven't been able to find a description of
supported JavaScript features.

[1] September 2008:
<http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/elinks-users/2008-September/001704.html>

Best regards,