RE: ARIA examples and Screen REader

From: Thomas Logan <t.logan@hisoftware.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 14:42:14 -0500
To: Ginger Claassen <ginger.claassen@gmx.de>, Jennifer Gauvreau <Jennifer.Gauvreau@cgifederal.com>
CC: "w3c-wai-ig@w3.org" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Hi here is an example of a toolbar using ARIA active descendant that I put together.
http://queuemusic.org/ToolbarActiveDescendant.html

The sample is focused on in http://codetalks.org/source/video/Video3/Video3.html a screencast I put together.  Make sure to check out http://wiki.codetalks.org/wiki/index.php/References_for_Video_3 for additional comments/corrections that will be incorporated into the final video.

I will have a video 6 for live regions online tomorrow that I would appreciate your comments on.  I recommend following the instructions in http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/aria-practices/#liveprops for any planning you do on live regions as there have been recent changes to the ARIA specification.