RE: a11y conference

From: DavidSloan <DSloan@computing.dundee.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 15:26:43 +0100
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> I'm working on compiling a list of a11y conferences with a
> focus on or at least including accessible Web development,
> for myself and to share as a blog post on
> http://blog.overscore.com. Would anyone have any suggestions?

The second Accessible Design in the Digital World (ADDW) conference was
held in York, UK, just last week: http://www.addw08.org/

The first ADDW took place in 2005 in Dundee, and there are tentative
plans for another one, in 2010.

A couple of other UK-based events (more of an inclusive design than
specifically Web focus, but of relevance to web accessibility) would be:

Cambridge Workshop on Universal Design and Assistive Technology
(CWUAAT):  Biennial, next one in 2010:
http://rehab-www.eng.cam.ac.uk/cwuaat/

INCLUDE: International conference on Inclusive Design, London. Biennial,
next one in 2009:
http://www.hhc.rca.ac.uk/448/all/1/include_conference.aspx

Hope this helps!

Cheers,