Re: identifying language changes

From: Christophe Strobbe <christophe.strobbe@esat.kuleuven.be>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 10:37:46 +0200
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

At 19:15 17/07/2008, Armand Turpel wrote:

>Christophe Strobbe wrote:
>>(...)
>>.... authors should care about how these types of software handle
>>language changes.
>So we are in the same position as in front of the several web
>browsers who are bugy or dosent care of web standards. Should we,
>the authors, know what is the difference of jaws version 5 and 6?
>Isn't it a bit illusionistic that web authors really care?

What differences are there between Jaws 5 and 6 with regard to
language switching? JAWS 5 supported language switching according to
the following thread from 2004:
<http://www.webaim.org/discussion/mail_thread.php?thread=1846>.
(I wasn't advocating screen reader detection or weird hacks.)

Best regards,

Christophe

--
Christophe Strobbe